Tuesday, July 12, 2011

ID Validation Feature Update

In January 2008, the Department of Homeland Security issued a final rule that established minimum standards for state-issued driver’s licenses and identification cards in accordance with the REAL ID Act of 2005.

Pursuant to the Department of Homeland Security's REAL ID regulation, States were to be in full compliance with the REAL ID Act of 2005 by May 11, 2011. However, in March 7, 2011 they changed the compliance date to January 15, 2013.

That being said, I’m not so sure the depth of my proposed ID Checking Guide will be lucrative. I’d be spending a lot of time and resources into a guide that would go to the wayside in less time than this app has been on the market. I’d rather spend time developing resources for police officers that don’t exist.

In the mean time, you may acquire a paperback version of the I.D. Checking Guide for $28.95 from this link. I tried to develop a collaboration with the President of the Drivers License Guide Company, but he declined to take part in the project after fearing reprisal from the different State agencies.

Rest assured, I won’t leave you empty handed. I’ll figure something out...

No comments:

Post a Comment

If your comment makes you look retarded, it will not be published.